My course started officially today. I had 3 hours of class in the morning as early as 0830 and another 3 hours in the noon. I tot I couldn’t survive for the 6 hours of lectures with just 30 mins of interval only. But I did. Ha.
First lecture was POA and it was quite interesting I can say. The way the lecturer speaks never makes me felt asleep even though I was feeling damn sleepy. I think this is common when u need to get out of bed so early and had lessons in the morning. But I did manage to keep myself awake and I believe I paid attention throughout the whole 3 hours of lecture too. Hahaha. When I was on the bus on my way to sch, I kept thinking on what I should do if I never see anyone I know in the lecture or how am I going to get to know them. Then I sort of convince or rather deceive myself that I’m a friendly person. Haha. But luckily, I saw Jane and Cheryl when I stepped into the lecture hall. Wah. Feeling damn happy la. Like machiam you found your long lost childhood frenz eh. Haha. It brightened up my morning too. Lol. And I saw another frenz of mine later on, Serene – my IS classmate. Extra happiness like I just eat McDonald Happy’s Meal. Hahahahaha. Exaggerating post sia.
Then I got half an hour break before my next lesson starts. I felt so lonely at that point of time man. Cos it was the first day of sch and you do not know anyone yet. So there’s no way where you can find someone to accompany you for lunch. I was so desperate to find someone to lunch with me as I hate the feeling of loneliness. Ha. So I called the lovelies and Jessica but both did not answer my phone call. I guess both of them were still having their lecture during that time. So sad me went to get some snacks and sit at the benches outside the lecture hall looking so pathetic la. And miserable too. Haha. Kidding.
Finally it’s time for my next lesson, Principles of Banking and Finance (PBF). Din saw anyone I knew this time round so free seating for me. Ha. There’s a gal which actually sat one seat away from me. Then I turned towards her and initiated a conversation. Ai Seh. Showing my friendliness sia. Haha. After that I ended up with 3 new friends. Lol. 2 of which are locals and the other one from Vietnam. Not too bad. I make myself a Vietnamese friend – my second international friend. First was Loretta from Indonesia. Hahahahahahaha. Then during the break, I saw my bestie’s fren, Pei Zhen. Wah. This time round I was more than just happy. It’s a bonus! Ha. Talk cock la. PBF lecture was freaking boring la. Let you give you a detailed break down on how he breaks up the lesson into.
*I remembered how long he took exactly cos I was too bored.
1200 – 1230: Background and Introduction of PBF
1231 – 1245: Background of himself
1246 – 1300: Student Code of Conduct (around 3mins) and Subject Syllabus – spent the remaining minutes talking about what each chap is about
1301 – 1313: Essential Reading – on what each textbook is about. I can’t stand him when he talked about this. There are 3 textbooks which we can refer to.
Let me show you how he explained this part.
“As you can see in the slide, this note isn’t updated yet as it still shows the 4th and 5th edition. But you can find the 6th edition in the popular book store already. But I will encourage you to get the 5th edition as the reference is taken from there. If you manage to get hold of the 4th edition, it is a blessing in disguise for you. But the 4th edition is like a few years back, so I doubt you can get hold of it. So a fifth edition one will be ok for you. I have students who asked me if they should get the new one, 6th edition. And I told them to get the 5th edition instead cos reference is taken from there.”
And this goes on and on for the next 2 books.
“As you can see, the slide shows 7th edition but the 9th edition is available in the popular book store. But it will be better if you get the 8th edition ………………”
Wassup man~ Ok, let’s continue.
1314 – 1325: Examination format and duration. He can talk about what kinds of calculator we are allowed to bring into the exams hall for like 3 mins lehz. Can you imagine when he showed every single sentence on what the calculator should perform like calculator able to show the numerical no. from 0-9, able to substract, multiply, square root, etc.
Then after explaining the calculator thingy, he asked us to go for a 15 mins break. He’s damn slack la. And he only starts the lesson at 1.45pm lor. I never see a lecturer who is so enthusiastic in giving introduction one. So enthu till he used 1 hr 45 mins of the whole 3 hours lesson. It’s like using more than half of the lecture giving an introduction. Faint.
After the lesson ended, Pei Zhen told me that there’s another PBF class after us. And I told her that he will use less than 1 hr 45 mins giving introduction for the next class as he gets tired after a 3 hours lect so he will cut his speech shorter. The last thing I said was “very jia lat eh”. The next thing I knew, Pei Zhen told me he was right behind us. Hahahaha. Gosh. This is just the first lesson and I had sort of offended him. Ha. But I doubt he will recognize me man since I din turned around and looked at him. Lol. Think I should hide myself in one corner or behind a tall person so that he will not notice me during the next lesson. Haha.
Anyway, I find that it’s hard to make friends when you are studying in UOL as there isn’t any project to do. Thus, you will not get to know others unless you approach them since the routine is go sch, attend lecture, listen and end our lesson. There’s hardly a time where you can chat with your friends unlike ppl taking RMIT where they get to mix with different groups of ppl when doing projects. So this is the downside of taking UOL. I wonder if there’s someone who choose to be a loner throughout the whole year of studies in UOL. That will be so sad la. Ha.
I saw others having their clique in the lecture and I begin to wonder, “How come I don’t have? Where are all my friends?” How come how come how come how come?