I'M BACK!
Trip: 7th to 8th Dec 09 (2D1N)
Place: Desaru, Malaysia
I woke up at 7am on Monday for breakfast before leaving the house at 7.45am to catch the 10am ferry. We were told to collect the tickets 1hr before the departure but we ended up reaching at 9.20am. Lol.
It took half an hour to reach TG. Belungkor jetty and another half an hour bus ride to the Golden Beach Resort. We managed to check in early at 11.30am instead of 3pm. Marvelous.
@ TG. Belungkor jetty
The resort is kinda like the chalet you stay in East Coast Park. Lol. The first thing that came into my mind was that I thought we booked a hotel room instead of the resort style. Anyway, I found a dead moth near the bathroom. Like wth man. Maybe it’s not dead but lying there motionless. So I got my dad to catch it before we went for our lunch.
I disliked having our meals at the café as there will be 3 to 5 flies flying around your table and food. So you will be busy chasing the flies away while enjoying your meals. It got so irritating that you have to constantly move your hands every 3 secs to prevent it flying near your food. Poor hygiene.
There is a list of tours which you can explore near the resort and the price is based on per headcount which includes the entrance fee as well. We intended to visit 3 places and the price sums up to RM 580. It’s damn freaking expensive la. So the guy who helped us check into the resort suggested us to hail a cab instead which charges by distance rather than headcounts. Therefore, going to 4 places will cost us RM 180 only, excluding the entrance fee which will be about another RM 64 for 4 persons. This actually enables us to have a 50% savings on cost.
I will be uploading photos which I find it nice over here and the remaining photos can be found in my fb. I took some videos of the crocodiles and the ostriches as well but I shall post the ostrich’s video tml as it takes me more than an hour to finish uploading. Zzzzzz.
Our first stop was the Crocodile farm which was the one I’m looking forward to. They had crocodiles ranging from the age of 2yrs old to the age of 100yrs old. Second stop was the Fruit farm but we ended up buying tidbits from there. The weather was scorching hot at that time so we gave up exploring the farm. Third stop was the Ostrich farm and I believed they have more than 500 ostriches there man. Then finally, the last stop was dinner (seafood) at Sg Rengit. We ordered 4 dishes including 3 mini crabs (enough for 4 persons) and it costs SGD 39. Damn cheap right? So worth it la.
1st stop: Crocodile farm

2nd stop: Ostrich farm

Me holding the egg shelf

My dad's expression looked damn funny here la.
It's like he's being brave but he's actually scared of the
ostrich at the same time in the event if it attacks
him out of sudden. Haha.

Managed to catch the sunset while on the way for dinner @ Sg Rengit.
Next, We went back to the resort to bath before heading to the karaoke room. The karaoke system that they have is seriously lagging behind. They will give you the menu with the photocopied cd covers showing the list of songs. They use the vcd player as the karaoke system. Therefore, changing of songs will require changing of the cd manually. So they will play some rnb songs while they are changing the next cd. Lol. As a result, my sis paid tips to the waiter as we feel bad for requesting too many songs and making him to stay at the vcd player most of the time. Haha.

Breakfast at the next day.
Alright, gotta stop here.
Check out the remaining photos in my fb then!