YHistory
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Advanced presents for Kes 21st Birthday
I’m so freaking shag!
Slept at 5.30am yesterday and woke up around 8.15am today. The plan is to go over to Kes’s house in the morning as I got a class at 12pm.
About 3 weeks back, I mentioned that I was “thinking of something” in my blog right? I was actually planning of what I should get for his coming 21st birthday.
My objective is to get 21 items for him. Don’t ask me the reason for it. There’s no significance behind these 21 items. Haha. So I wrote down a list of items that I wanted to get for him which some of it are feasible while others can be tough to acquire (eg. iPod nano 2nd Gen silicon cover).
I managed to get hold of 10 items as of Friday. He told me that he won’t be coming out next week due to field camp and the next book up date will be either the eve of New Year Eve or on the New Year Eve itself. So I was struggling between giving him the presents on Sunday or on the New Year Eve. I will have to rush finding the remaining 11 items if I will to give him on Sunday which I did in the end.
Therefore, I went town on Saturday walking rounds and rounds in Orchard hoping to find something suitable for him. The things that I had in mind were perfume, belt and t-shirts. But unfortunately, things don’t go my way. So I was disheartened as I was running out of time. And I have to meet him at 3.45pm to walk around in town till 6pm which mean that my precious time will be shortened.
So after I met up with him, I kept observing the items that he was looking at, the items that he was paying more attention to but he was merely window shopping with nothing in mind. Sigh. And my legs were already aching at that time when I met him. But I got to drag my feet and act in good spirit in front of him. Then I was wishing for 6pm to come faster so that I can continue my search for the presents.
My alternative plan is to get a shoe for him taking account that he needs a new shoe for CNY and that he got no time to buy one. Getting a shoe will be costly and it will be hard for me to fulfill the remaining items given my budget. So I thought of buying snacks, sweets, etc to make up the remaining items if I can find the shoe.
Tiger Onitsuka was the first thing that I thought of so I hopped over to Wheelock (no nice design), Paragon (have the designs I wanted but no size), Isetan Shaw (no nice design), CK Tangs (no nice design) and finally the last resort Leftfoot Cine (no size as well). And luckily, Leftfoot Cine doesn’t have the size I wanted if not, I would never go to the Star Three Sixty outlet at Marina Square and found a chio shoe for him which he likes it a lot.
Phew. Like finally man. Anyway, I wanna thank my friends who have helped me out during this time – Peizhen for helping me in choosing the colour papers for the DIY card, Loretta and Chen Chu for helping me in choosing the design for the shoe and Sherlyn for running over to the Star Three Sixty outlet during her break time and checking out the designs for me.
Btw, Kes likes the design and colour of the shoe. It suits him damn well and this makes me damn happy as well. Lol.
DIY Birthday Card Work-In-Progress
Inside the MRT on my way to Kes's house.Decided to take a snap shot of the bags to show the poor thing me
having to carry 大包小包 to 乘搭 the MRT.
In "courtesy" of RSH to "sponsor" their wrapper.
LOL.
Him opening the DIY card that I made.
The contents ...
Had a hard time doing the heart-shaped.
Flipped through the magazine to find pink/red spot to fit in the heart.
Cut, trace and paste accordingly to the shape.
Btw, it was like 2.30am when I was doing this.
My poor eyes.
My handsome boy modeling for me!
I got him to change out immediately to check the sizing of the top and the shoe if it fits well.
Top from Springfield.
The shoes !!!
Closeup
This wasn’t part of the 21 items.
I bought him this polo tee as Christmas present so I made him wear and catwalk in the room. Haha. Might as well right since he was already in “full” attire. Haha.
Actual colour
I regretted for not taking more photos of him while he unwrapped the remaining presents. Arghhhhhh.
Anyway, these are the items that made up the 21 presents:
DIY Cake (will be deferred to the actual birth date)
DIY Card
Gold Class Tickets (deferred till I got my job)
Crabtree & Evelyn Cookies
Ferrero Rondnoir
Real Sangria (his fav wine)
JJ Liang Teh (there’s a reason to why I make it as one of the items)
Hush Puppies Underwear
Hush Puppies Boxer
Tiger Onitsuka shoe (2 credits)
Springfield Tee
Tic Tac
Lollipop
Kinder Bueno
Kinder Surprise Egg (3 credits)
Strepsils
Neutrogena Mask
Oreo cookies
__________________________________________________________________
YSpeak To Me